Top Choice For A Safe SUV Is The Mazda CX-5
Looking For A Safe SUV?
We know that when it comes to choosing a new car, safety has to be a priority – especially when you’re looking for something to drive your family around in.
Sure, it has to look nice and be economical to drive but making sure it is as safe as possible is always going to be on your mind.
That’s why we recommend the CX-5
It has all the features you’d expect from a luxury car and is a pleasure to drive.
It is also rated as incredibly safe under rigorous IIHS testing.
So, what makes the CX-5 such a good choice for safety?
What Is IIHS And What Do They Measure?
The IIHS is an independent, non-government safety-testing organization, funded by the insurance industry.
When they test the CX-5, there are a series of crash assessments it goes through before being rated against different categories.
- Moderate overlap front
- Side Impact
- Rear crash protection
- Roof Strength
- Driver-side small overlap front
- Passenger-side small overlap front
It also received a superior rating for front crash prevention.
The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) also rated the CX-5 as five star overall for safety.
What did the IIHS have to say about the CX-5?
This means that it performs exactly how the IIHS would expect it to in its safety testing.
The superior rating for Front Crash Prevention Results is brilliant news for safety concerns.
A head-on crash, be it vehicle-to-vehicle or vehicle-to-pedestrian is a terrifying thought. Knowing that you are protected in this event of this occurring is an incredible relief for all of us as car drivers.
Cars will only be given this award when they achieve a “good” rating in each of the six crashworthiness evaluations tested by the Institute.
What does this tell us?
It should be extremely reassuring for anyone looking to buy a CX-5 to know that they are buying a vehicle which has been through demanding crash testing and is very safe to drive.
What are the safety features you will find on the Mazda CX-5?
Many of the fantastic safety features offered on the CX-5 now come as standard.
Mazda is determined to make sure that everyone who buys their cars benefits from the advancements in safety technology, no matter what specification of vehicle you buy.
Here is a list of some of the features you will find on your CX-5:
- Side impact beams to protect you if another car hits you side on, or if you are to hit something stationary from the side on.
- Dual stage Driver and Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags.
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Blind Spot. Helping alert you to dangers in the places you cannot easily see.
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. If you drive in city and urban areas a lot, this will help to avoid accidents on slow-moving, high-traffic roads.
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks. When you have children in the car, there is always a worry that they might open the doors while you are driving. Child safety locks can help you drive in peace knowing this is no longer a possibility.
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts – including Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera
These are just some of the features you can expect to find on your CX-5 that make it a safe SUV to drive.
We think that these features will help to put your mind at ease when you are driving by simply knowing your car is working hard to keep you as safe as possible.
Why should you pick a CX-5 as a safe SUV?
Mazda has worked incredibly hard to make its vehicles as safe as they can possibly be.
We think this is evident from the number of vehicles that have been given such high scores and commendations by the IIHS and NHTSA over the last year.
We know that the most important thing to you in the unlikely event you have a crash is that you, your passengers, and anyone else who may be involved remain safe and uninjured.
That’s why we think that CX-5 is a great choice and would recommend it as a family car.
You can drive this car in confidence that you are in a vehicle that has been lovingly made with your safety in mind.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would simply like to have a look at some of the features of the CX-5, we would love to show you around the car and talk you through it.
Get in touch or visit the show room and we will be happy to help.