Is the CX-30 The Most Reliable SUV?
Mazda Safety: How Reliable is the CX-30?
If you’re looking for safety…look no further than the Mazda CX-30.
It is winning awards left and right for safety.
“2020 TOP SAFETY PICK+”.
Mazda leads the way with more TOP SAFETY PICK+ awards than any other brand in the industry.
The CX-30 was also awarded a five-star rating by the Euro NCAP, with a 99% safety rating.
The highest score ever achieved by any car tested.
So, what is Mazda doing that makes their cars so safe?
What Is IIHS And What Do They Measure?
The IIHS is an independent, non-government safety-testing organization, funded by the insurance industry.
The CX-30 was scrutinized under a series of crash assessments, putting the car through rigorous crash scenarios.
- Driver-side small overlap front
- Passenger-side small overlap front
- Moderate overlap front
- Side tests
- Roof strength
- Head restraint tests
It also received superior ratings for both:
Vehicle-to-vehicle front crash prevention
Vehicle-to-pedestrian front crash prevention
What Makes The Mazda CX-30 So Safe?
Mazda has worked incredibly hard with all of its vehicles to make them as safe as they can possibly be.
Safe not only for the occupants of the vehicle, but for pedestrians and other drivers, too.
The features that have been added to the vehicles are unique, clever and useful in avoiding unnecessary accidents and crashes.
What Features On The CX-30 Contribute To Mazda Safety?
Mazda has spoken out about the contributing factors in achieving these safety awards.
Some of the features are:
The small SUV has been built using Skyactiv-Vehicle Architecture to provide “high-rigidity, impact absorbing yet lightweight bodyshell”.
The structure of the vehicle and performance of its restraints are key to safety.
Use of Skyactiv engine technology. The driving dynamics assist by delivering a linear, responsible and predictable acceleration, braking handling and steering. Essentially, by making the car easy to drive safely, the technologies reduce the potential for accidents.
A wide range of i-Activesense driving assistance and safety technologies have been added to the improve the Mazda safety on the CX-30.
These protect occupants of the car by helping drivers to detect potential collisions early on.
They also reduce the severity of damage and injury to occupants of the car, other cars on the road and pedestrians.
Some examples of these are:
- Blind spot monitoring – these help to detect objects in your blind spots and alerts you with a warning light in your side mirror. It also warns you of fast approaching vehicles in your blind spot.
- When backing up, the Rear Cross Traffic Alert detects vehicles approaching from the side, and alerts the driver with a warning (both by sound and a visible alert in the mirror)
- Cruise control with Stop & Go – this can be used in traffic. Use a set speed and minimum following distance from the traffic ahead to avoid any unnecessary collision.
- Smart Brake Support in the Mazda CX-30 helps to detect vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists in your path. It will warn you as the driver and apply the brakes if necessary.
- High Beam Control. This helps you to see better at night by maximizing the opportunity to use the high beams. It will switch back automatically when traffic is coming the other way
- Lane Departure Warning System. If you are traveling 40MPH or faster, the Lane Departure Warning System will tell you when it detects your vehicle unintentionally departing from your lane.
- Lane-Keep Assist adds to the above providing steering corrections to prevent your vehicle from exiting the lane.
- Driver Attention Alert. This monitors the driver’s steering, throttle input and lane position. When the behavior of the driver suggests fatigue or inattentiveness, it will activate a warning sound and a warning will appear on the LCD meter display.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System. This will help you to see around corners at night. The headlights pivot in the direction of your turn and improve visibility. This will all help you to spot potential hazards ahead.
Mazda Safety: Ready To Try For Yourself?
We think it is clear to see that Mazda really prioritizes the safety of people driving and traveling in their cars.
The list above is impressive in showing just how much work they have put into the CX-30 and making it safe for you and your family.
Even more impressive is that the list above is not exhaustive. There are so many other benefits to the Mazda CX-30 that we think you will love.
We have 2020 and 2021 models in stock, and we think you will fall in love with them like we have when you get a good look for yourself!